We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Here’s the new map, now with buildings, docks, a moat around Castle Vargo, and a few other additions and modifications. The next step will be to clean up the brushed-in buildings a bit and probably rework or modify a few sections here and there. Then I’ll start putting in some green space and other visual bits (including lots of domes, most likely) to spruce up the map and add some labels and such.
The amount of time I’ve been spending on the map has kept me from writing as much as I’d hoped for the #WorldEmber2019 challenge as I was hoping for, but I’m going to try to hit the 10,000 word goal. I’m at 6778 words right now, so I only need a little over 1,000 words a day to hit the mark. Speaking of content, here’s some of the new stuff you can read about on the WorldAnvil page:
- The Grand Arena, where Khezvarans come to watch gladiatorial combat, chariot races, and other athletic competitions.
- Kyra Victorious, a massive statue of the Eternal Empress that towers above the market.
- Hills of Khezvaros, to give a little more information about all those contour lines on the map.
- Old Town, where the city started.
- The Order of the Laughing Boar, a military organization that dates back to the founding of the city.
- Kephale Hursit Ozanzada, the city’s imperial governor.
- Rugzito Kivuyl, “The Shadow Merchant,” a powerful player in the city’s criminal underworld.
- Ilka the Faceless, an immortal wizard with no face.
- Dragonstones, which dragons use to reform their earthly body when they are killed.
- Godborn, because gods walk the earth and are usually DTF.